Sunday, April 28, 2013

K Quilt Revisited

Alas, it is time to return to the coveted K Quilt. I shared my creative process here when originally planning this quilt. I packed the K Quilt up into numbered baggies when I needed my design wall to plan and complete my Night of Hope Quilt. The K Quilt is for a friend's B-day at the end of June - so it is not a finish I need to rush. I can just pull out a  little baggie anytime I feel the need and sew up one of these:




3 down, 9 to go. Been having fun with it. I sure am looking forward to seeing it all stitched together. I decided on a small, evenly laid out polka dot for the corners of each block. Gives the quilt a nice overall cohesive look.



Happy sewing all. Hope you each have a wonderful week. I have some new life plans on the horizon and a girls trip coming up next week, so life is pretty exciting around here! Linking up with the 'Let's Get Acquainted' party hosted by Kirsten at Gemini Stitches.


~Lisa

12 comments:

  1. It is going to be absolutely lovely. The orange is amazing. Will all squares be different? Lucky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous blocks - and such a good idea to have them organised and ready to sew up! Thanks so much for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these blocks, can't wait to see how it looks when its done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blocks. The polka dots are a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are turning out great. What is the black polka dot that you are using? I just love it. I should get me some of that. Like I need more fabric:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pop of orange is brilliant! I could use some of your organizational skills! Can't wait to hear your plans and to see your finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is going to be a fabulous quilt Lisa. Your friend is very lucky. I love the blacks with the pop of orange. Can't wait to see how you finish this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely...I love the blocks and colors. Visiting from "Let's Get Acquainted."

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blocks. The quilt will be amazing when finished.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is going to look amazing together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty! I love the black and white together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those blocks are looking fab, I love that you've used the same polka dot for all the corners and there's a few prints in there that I've used before myself. What's the finished size of the blocks, they look really big which will make for a fast quilt top. Hope you're enjoying your trip to the city! :)

    ReplyDelete