Thursday, March 13, 2014

For the Hubs

I made quilt. I know?! Surprise, right. This one is for the hubs, he deserved one. Considering that he has had my back on this quilting gig since day one.


He actually bought the machine - the one that makes the quilts - as a present pour moi. So really, he is the starter of the madness. And trust - it is such fabric madness over here.


So, I sewed up this 'crazy fabric' quilt as a way of saying thanks - thanks, honey, for helping me to find my creative self. I love this hobby.




This quilt now resides on our couch - I may or may not have had a nap under it the other day. No pictures were taken, so really no one has any proof that I was snoozing instead of doing chores.


Happy weekend all. This one is much needed around here! It is spring break starting Monday - so I look forward to some extra time spent with my little.


~Lisa

13 comments:

  1. I guess pretty wouldn't be the correct word here so that is a very handsome quilt!! i love the colors and fabric you chose! Such a thoughtful gift for your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out gorgeous! Your husband is one lucky man!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful quilt and a fab gift for your husband :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabric madness brings such joy :-) what a lovely hubs to be so kind as to invite the madness is. It's a great quilt. I really like the brown crosses - they give such an impression of warmth.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like the quilt. What pattern did you use? Enjoying reading your blog.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fabrics! Very masculine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A pretty little 9-patch in tranquil colours. i bet he adores it :) we are so lucky in our husbands, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous...I bet he loves it! I can blame my quilty habit on my hubby too, he bought my machine as a Christmas present:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is a beautiful quilt Lisa. The colors and the design are perfect for a guy. We are very lucky to have such supportive husbands that put up and encourage our fabric buying, hold our quilts up to photograph and always say our creations are beautiful.
    I'm sure your husband is thrilled with his new quilt it is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this!!! Hubs are the best right? Mine is super supportive too - until he walks into the sewing madness and there is fabric everywhere and he's like, WTH. Good for you making him a quilt! Super awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The perfect quilt for cheeky naps! A great thank you present.

    ReplyDelete