I was recently tagged in a game of blog tag by Melissa from Melia Mae Quilting, what fun! So come on, let’s play…
HERE ARE THE RULES TO PLAY BY:
• every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
• the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer them
• ask 11 questions for the (up to) 11 blogs that you're going to tag
(the people you tag should have less than 200 followers)
• mention the blog that tagged you, but don't tag them back.
11 THINGS ABOUT ME:
1. I am Canadian, I live in beautiful BC on the West Coast and I love it here.
2. I was born and raised in the city, but I am a country girl at heart. I live in (what would be considered) the ‘country’ now, but am still working on talking my husband into moving to a farm.
3. One of my favourite things to do (besides the obvious – quilting) is preserve/can food. Love to make food and put it into jars – such fun can be had! Trust me on this – if you haven’t tried it, you must!
|Pickles from last summer|
4. I love chickens (see #2 if you are questioning this). I don’t have any, but like the farm, I am working on it. Imagine – fresh eggs!
|Taken at a local farm - how fun to have one of these following you around in the back yard!|
5. One of my favourite trips ever was with my grandmother on a cruise ship through the Panama Canal when I was 21. Such good memories.
6. I like to surround myself with things that have a story to tell, that had a life before their life with me. Especially if they are from my family – for example, I have my grandmother’s marble collection in her big old mason jars that used to sit in on her shelf in the kitchen.
7. One of my very favourite places in the world is Maui - this is because I used to visit there with my family growing up and whenever I return there the smells and sights bring back wonderful memories.
|Top of Haleakala Volcano (on Maui) at sunset|
8. I really enjoy being in my garden. I desperately want to start a vegetable garden in the spring, but worry about having enough time to do it well.
9. I love lying on my hammock, reading Harry Potter with my son under the big old tree in the backyard.
10. I love to bake and cook and I don’t like anyone else in my kitchen.
11. My favourite colour is orange orange and more orange.
ANSWERING MELISSA'S QUESTIONS:
1. What is your favorite holiday? Well, I wouldn’t call it ‘favourite’ per se as in many instances we are honouring those who gave their lives, but Remembrance Day is the most meaningful for me because I really like to keep it close to heart that we live in the peaceful way we do because of the sacrifices of others.
2. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Opening stockings.
3. What's your real job? I am a teacher.
4. Would you chose it again? Why or why not? I love to teach – making connections with children is priceless. Plus they make me giggle each day and I love that. Just today my kids added a ‘cha cha cha’ at the end of each verse of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and we giggled and giggled. Now, what other job would offer you that?!!!
5. What is your favorite part of the quilting process? Without doubt, the quilting.
6. What is the next project you plan on working on? The Fox and Gnome Tote Bag that can be found here at Artisania.
7. What is your favorite fabric line of all time? Oh wow, I don’t have one…I was just looking at my stash today and noticing how I collect eclectic fabric – rarely purchasing a whole line. I am a super nostalgic person, so vintage sheets and vintage fabrics always make their way home with me.
8. What is your favorite movie? The Breakfast Club – I am so 80’s at heart.
9. What is your favorite food? Tea – does that count?!!!
10. What are some of your other hobbies besides quilting? Well, my son and I have a paper route – he gets the paycheck, so I guess that makes it my hobby??!!! I so also love to read – and collect books. Love books in print – the real thing.
11. Where would you go on your "dream vacation"? Egypt, Nepal and China.
I AM TAGGING THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOW ALL IT:
Gillian at Red Raspberry
Ginette at The Quilting Princess
Sarah at Stitching and Bacon
Chrissie at made by Chrissie D
Alicia Pazos at Arty and Crafty Little Things
...AND HERE IS MY LIST OF QUESTIONS TO THESE PLAYERS:
1. What is the most memorable book you have read?
2. What are you reading right now? Would you recommend it?
3. If you could have any job in the world it would be…?
4. The song/group playing in your music player (ipod, car cd player, itunes, etc) right now is?
5. Favourite animal and why?
6. Why do you like to quilt?
7. Favourite meal to cook and for whom?
8. What was the last thing you learned?
9. What was the last thing you taught someone?
10. Your favourite colour is…?
11. Tell us about your best trip/vacation ever or one that you would like to go on.
TAG you're it ladies....have fun with it!!! Thanks Melissa for including me in this game!